Did you know?
Replacing a correct size fuse with a larger size fuse can present a serious fire hazard? Always check to see that fuses are the correct size for the circuit.
Business Energy Profile
- Turn off computers, printers, copiers and lights every night and weekend, if not in use. Some electronic devices use nearly as much power on standby as they do when working at full capacity.
- Change existing lighting to energy-efficient fluorescent T-8 lamps and electronic ballasts, tungsten halogen lamps, compact fluorescent or metal halide. This can reduce lighting costs by up to 30 percent.
- When planning a facility shutdown, consider scheduling it during the hottest months (July or August).
- Be sure manual or automatic controls on equipment that manage run time are set properly.
- Raise thermostat settings for air conditioning by a few degrees during working hours, and consider raising the thermostat further when facilities are unoccupied. Raising the thermostat a degree a day (up to 78 degrees) will make the transition easier.
- When adding equipment such as an air conditioning unit, be sure to purchase the proper size unit for your building.
- Remember to have equipment professionally serviced to maximize efficiency.
- Install quality energy-efficient replacement parts when making repairs or performing maintenance on equipment.