Cleco’s diversity and inclusion team designed the Power of a Promise Scholarship for economically disadvantaged, female and minority students who are juniors or seniors in high school and who plan to attend Central Louisiana Technical Community College Alexandria Campus and pursue a diploma in industrial manufacturing technology.
Power of a Promise Scholarship
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Resident within a 50-mile radius of the CLTCC Alexandria Campus.
- Admitted to CLTCC’s Alexandria campus (admission application must be on file with CLTCC, and you must be admitted prior to receiving funds).
- Interested in pursuing a Career & Technical Education in the Industrial Manufacturing Technology Program.
- Female and minority students (i.e., African American/Black, Hispanic American, Asian American or Native American) whose total household income is at or below the poverty level for the State of Louisiana.
- Eligible to work in United States (an active work visa is acceptable).
- Classified as a high school junior or senior in the State of Louisiana during the scholarship application year.
- On track to earn a high school diploma with a minimum 2.7 GPA and provide transcript and/or proof of diploma.
- Have a combination of attributes: High academic performance, financial need, personal accomplishments, ACT WorkKeys, extracurricular activities, awards and recognition, community service, work history, desire to seek a Career & Technical Education from CLTCC and acceptance into the Industrial Manufacturing Technology Program.
When is the application period?Although subject to change, the application period is normally Oct. 1 - Jan. 31, with recipients being announced in April of the next year.
Where can I get a copy of the application?When the application period is announced, the application will be on the cltcc.edu website.
Where do I submit my application?Applicants can hand deliver, mail or email their application to CLTCC’s Alexandria Campus. Cleco is unable to accept applications.
In-person or by mail: CLTCC Alexandria Campus, 516 Murray Street, Alexandria, La. 71301
By email: [email protected]
How many scholarships will be awarded?The goal is to award a scholarship each academic year to two economically disadvantaged, female or minority high school students classified as a junior or senior who plan to attend CLTCC’s Alexandria Campus and pursue a diploma in industrial manufacturing technology.