Did you know?
You can lower your cooling bill 2 percent by raising your thermostat one degree in the summer? Lower it a degree during the winter and save three percent.
Cleco supports a number of organizations and participate in fundraising events throughout our service territory, including those in which our employees volunteer their time and talents. We also hold a yearly fan drive for the elderly with parish Councils on Aging that serve our customers.
Power of Sharing Fund / Cleco Fan Drive
Cleco's Power of Sharing Fund has helped economically disadvantaged seniors and disabled citizens pay their energy bills since 1985. Funds donated by Cleco employees and customers, along with funds given by Cleco, are distributed through local Councils on Aging.
The Cleco Fan Drive helps low-income seniors by providing them with fans to help get them through Louisiana's hot summers. Each year since 2000, Cleco employees have raised funds and customers have made donations to support the fan drive. More than 20,000 fans have been donated since 2000. The fans are distributed by local Councils on Aging.
For assistance, contact your local Council on Aging. To donate, select an option on your billing statement for $1, $2, or $5 to go to The Power of Sharing Fund. Also, monetary donations and new box fans can be dropped off at one of Cleco's local customer service offices.
At Cleco, we strive to support the communities in which we live, work and serve. Because aligning the corporation's charitable contributions with our corporate strategy is important to us, we will consider contribution requests that support the following areas:
- Education Causes
- Health and Wellness
- Youth Programs
- Low income causes
- United Way
- Other causes that align with our corporate strategy
Cleco will financially support organizations that meet our giving strategy and the following criteria:
- 501(c)(3) organizations or groups with similar nonprofit status
- Expenses that do not include those administrative in nature (i.e. salaries) or capital project funding
- Organizations that do not limit membership and services based on race, religion, color, creed, sex, age or national origin.
- Projects or organizations located within Cleco's geographic service territory or with whom Cleco has significant business interest.
- United Way through its annual corporate fund drive and generous employee donations. Additional funding may be provided to United Way agencies during extenuating circumstances such as following a severe weather event.
Cleco will not financially support:
- Fraternal, political or labor organizations.
- Field trips or tours for school related organizations.
- Activities whose sole purpose is promotion or support of a specific religion, denomination or religious institution.
- Grants to individuals or loans of any type.
- Any organization owned or operated by an employee or immediate family member of a Cleco employee unless approved by corporate communications manager.
Requests should be made in writing on official stationery.
Proposals for funding must be concise and contain the following:
• Organization name, address and name of executive director.
• Contact person, title, telephone number and email address.
• Monetary amount, services, or donations requested and donation levels.
• Brief description of organization's mission.
• Geographic area and target population served by organization.
• Brief description of the purpose for funds, donations or services requested.
• IRS letter confirming tax exempt status 501(c)(3).
Applications can be mailed to the attention of Cleco Charitable Contributions, PO Box 5000, Pineville, LA 71361.