Cleco reminds customers to be safe as crews continue to assess damage and restore power
PINEVILLE, La. – Sept. 1, 2021 (2 p.m.) – As crews continue to assess damage and restore power in St. Tammany and Washington parishes, Cleco urges customers to be safe.
Customers are urged to:
- Stay away from downed or sagging power lines. Assume that all fallen wires and anything touching them are energized.
- Avoid standing water, as it may be electrically charged from underground or downed power lines.
- Be aware of areas where floodwaters have receded and watch out for debris. Floodwaters often erode roads and walkways.
- Keep roads clear for first responders and restoration workers. If you have evacuated, return home only when authorities say it is safe.
- Do not approach crews, and please remember the importance of social distancing so our essential workers can continue to work safely.
- Never use a generator inside a home, garage, crawl space, or anywhere deadly exhaust fumes can enter enclosed spaces. Plug appliances directly into the generator; do not connect them to your home’s circuits.
To help keep employees and customers safe, the Cleco customer service offices in Covington, Mandeville and the Slidell will remain closed.