How Cleco is Protecting You and Your Power
As an essential service provider, Cleco is committed to protecting you and your power.
With the wildfire threat continuing across Louisiana, we are working with state and local emergency response agencies to ensure customers and communities remain safe, while balancing the delivery of safe, reliable power.
According to the office of Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards, there have been over 440 wildfires statewide in August, and today, the National Weather Service warned that the entire state was under a “Red Flag Warning,” which means that warm temperatures, very low humidities and stronger winds are expected to combine to produce an increased risk of fire danger.
To protect you and our communities, Cleco is temporarily adjusting operations to include:
- Monitoring wildfire locations and coordinating with state and local emergency response agencies
- De-energizing high-voltage lines that are in the path of an impending wildfire
- Air patrolling lines in high-risk areas to identify potential hazards that may cause interruptions in your service
- Suspending tree trimming in medium-to-high-risk areas
- Suspending work in certain areas that is not an emergency or essential to safely serving customers
- Restricting motorized vehicle/equipment from traveling to right-of-way areas unless essential or an emergency
- Disabling automatic fault isolation and restoration equipment and instead manually patrolling lines before restoring power
As we are taking these safety precautions, there is a possibility of interruptions to your service, and longer than usual restoration times.
We remind you to follow the statewide burn ban issued by Gov. Edwards to help prevent wildfires.For more up-to-date information, visit cleco.com.