On-Site Residential Weatherization Assessment
The Weatherization Program is an on-site assessment of your residence by professional Cleco-approved contractors to make it more energy efficient and improve your comfort level.
How do I sign up for the assessment?Sign up by completing the online registration form or by contacting one of our 2022 Cleco Power Wise Approved Contractors directly. Information submitted via the online form is emailed to a Cleco Power Wise approved contractor servicing your area. However, due to the high demand for On-Site Residential Weatherization, you are not guaranteed an assessment this year, and depending on location may have been added to a wait list. If availability opens up due to canceled appointments, the contractor covering your area will contact customers from the list in the order received. If not, you will be contacted to schedule once the 2023 program begins on January 16.
How much does the assessment cost?There are zero out-of-pocket costs unless you request additional measures not covered in the assessment. Once the assessment is complete, the contractor will let you know which measures you are eligible for. The cost of the assessment is billed directly to Cleco Power. Any items that require payment must be approved by the customer before work can begin.
What if I don’t own my home, and I am renting or staying in an apartment?Customers who own or rent their home can register for an assessment; however, renters must obtain permission from their landlord. If the dwelling is a multifamily home, like an apartment building, there must be five or more on-site assessments scheduled to take place.
What happens after I sign up/when will the assessment be conducted?Scheduling is based on the contractor's availability and program funding.
At this present time, due to the high demand for our 2022 On-Site Residential Weatherization program, you are not guaranteed an assessment this year, and depending on location may have been added to a wait list. If availability opens up due to canceled appointments, the contractor covering your area will contact customers from the list in the order received. If not, you will be contacted to schedule once the 2023 program begins on January 16.
How long does it normally take?The weatherization assessment will vary based on the size, structure and upgrades. It is recommended that you allow for 5-6 hours.
What is included in the assessment?
The on-site weatherization assessment may include diagnostic testing for air and duct sealing, installation of all or some energy saving products such as blown in attic insulation, LED light bulbs, low-flow faucet aerators and shower heads.
Do I have to be home?Yes. An adult over the age of 18 must be present during the assessment.
Who are the professional contractors?
The weatherization contractors approved to work on behalf of the program hold current BPI, RESNET or HERs certificates. Approved contractors have submitted required documentation such as a valid W9, tax ID, state licenses and proof of insurance.
Hear from One Customer why Residential Weatherization is Important
Online Energy Store
Residential customers can shop Cleco’s online energy store at www.clecomarketplace.com, for discounts and instant rebates on energy-efficient products such as “smart” or Energy-Star-certified thermostats, power-strips, LED bulbs and more.
Check out our super sales beginning Nov. 15!
Online Home Energy Audit
By answering just a few questions online, residential customers can receive a customized home energy audit that will highlight which improvements make sense for their home, as well as any Power Wise rebates or financial incentives available to assist with recommended upgrades. Visit www.cleco.com/homeenergyaudit today!
When it comes to replacing large appliances or devices, there are many options. Power Wise makes it easy and even offers rebates for purchasing energy-efficient appliances and devices. Select the form that corresponds with the appliance or device you are upgrading.
- Geothermal Heat Pump Rebate Form
- Air Conditioning Heat Pump Rebate Form
- Room Air Conditioner Rebate Form
- Smart Thermostat Rebate Form (Smart Thermostats purchased through the Marketplace are not eligible for an additional rebate as the rebate was already received at the time of purchase.)
- Water Heater Replacement Rebate Form
- Pool Pump Rebate Form
- New Home Construction Rebate Form
For more Information
Email [email protected] or leave a message at 1-833-373-6842 and a Power Wise team member will call you back.
Energy-saving tips for winter months
- Set your thermostat no higher than 68 degrees Fahrenheit, if possible.
- If using a space heater, make sure the plug isn’t frayed or torn, as it could start a fire, and keep heaters away from anything that can burn, including papers, clothing and rugs.
- Find and seal leaks.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Discounts available at www.clecomarketplace.com.
- Replace air filters.
- Open drapes, shades and curtains during the day to take advantage of solar heat.
- Close drapes, shades and curtains at night to retain heat inside.
- Use energy-efficient holiday lights.
Energy-saving tips for summer months
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Set your thermostat no lower than 78 degrees Fahrenheit, if possible, and use a fan. Using a fan can help the air temperature feel 10 degrees cooler. You also can save three to five percent on your air conditioning costs for each degree you raise the thermostat.
- Use heat generating appliances such as dryers and ovens at night when temperatures are a bit cooler outside.
- Seal holes and cracks around your windows.
- Keep curtains and blinds closed during the day.
Learn more about lowering energy usage
Faucet aerators and low-flow shower heads help maintain pressure and reduce water flow.
A great way to keep homes comfortable year round, and lower energy usage.
Switching from traditional to LED bulbs, can lower energy usage 80 to 90 percent.
Beware of Phantom Power
Phantom power describes electricity used by appliances and electronics left plugged in when they are turned off or not being used. Unplug!
Seal your Home's Envelope (Attic, Air & Duct Sealing)
Seal gaps that cause leaks and reduce the efficiency of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning unit.