Utility companies, including cable, telephone and internet providers, jointly use the same set of poles to preserve space and serve customers efficiently. As a result, communication between utility pole owners and attachers is important to ensure smooth joint use operations.
Cleco’s Joint Use Management group is responsible for the management, design, construction, regulatory, legal and contractual oversight of all third-party attachments on Cleco’s utility poles. The group ensures consistency in Cleco’s assets so that all parties are treated equitably, assigned appropriate costs and held accountable for actions that might negatively impact the safety and reliability of Cleco’s electric distribution system.
All applications and notifications must be submitted online along with supporting documents, such as route maps and equipment specifications sheets. No mailed or faxed forms will be accepted.
- Approved Contractors for Pre- and Post-Engineering Survey
- Permit Application Process
- Service Drop Notification Process
- Pole Attachment Permit Application Form
- Service Drop Notification Form
- Overlash/Modification Notification Form
- Removal Notification Form
- Cleco Overhead Construction Standards-Pole Attachments
- Defective Pole Marking Procedures
- Approved Overhead Construction Contractors for Make-Ready
2030 Donahue Ferry Road
P.O. Box 5000
Pineville, LA 71361-5000
Attn: Novie Davidson, Cleco Power Joint Use Coordinator