Power restored to 96 percent of customers Progress despite obstacles, restoration update
PINEVILLE, La. – Sept. 9, 2020 – As of noon, Cleco had restored power to 96 percent of the customers impacted by Hurricane Laura.
“While they have faced many challenges, including extensive damage to Cleco’s system, multiple day heat advisories, COVID-19 restrictions and pop-up storms, our crews have made significant progress,” said James Lass, director of distribution operations and emergency management.
The company states this is the largest storm recovery workforce in the history of Cleco.
Below are estimated times for restoration (ETR). Please note that unexpected damage or inclement weather could impact restoration efforts and timelines.
- Bentley, Dry Prong, Williana areas
- Customers in Dry Prong and Williana who can accept power ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9.
- Crews are working in the area around Rob Wallace Road and Tower Road and ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9.
- Crews are working on Grays Creek Road and Rock Hill Road near Prospect. ETR is Thursday, Sept. 10.
- Crews are working on Mundy Loop, Oak Grove Church Road and another section of Grays Creek Road heading south from Hwy. 8. ETR is Thursday, Sept. 10.
- Iatt Lake
- ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 10.
- Crews are working across the area to connect remaining customers.
- Gardner and Otis
- Cotile Lake area ETR is Thursday, Sept. 10.
- Teekel Road ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9.
- Customers in the area of Hwy. 8 from Sharps to I-49 ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9.
- Customers on Hwy. 121 to Hot Wells Road area ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9.
- Customers in the Mora Road and Pine Coupee Road areas ETR is Thursday, Sept. 10.
- Hineston, Seiper, Elmer areas
- Crews continue to work in the area around Hwy. 461, Havens Road and Harper Road. ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9.
- Crews continue working in the area around Ian Johnson Road and Powell Road. ETR is Wednesday, Sept. 9.
- Work continues along Hwy. 465, RV Rhames Road and Price Road in Seiper area. ETR is multi-day restoration.
For photos, updates and restoration information, visit the company’s Facebook @ClecoPower and Cleco’s website at cleco.com.