Avoid sagging or downed power lines.
Report them to Cleco at (800) 622-6537. Call 911 in an emergency. *Cleco works around the clock to restore power from storms, as long as conditions are safe.
If you are using a portable generator, it should be operated in a well-ventilated area, away from combustible material and kept free of oil, mud and other foreign matter.
- Never run a generator indoors.
- Appliances should be plugged directly into portable generators with grounded extension cords that can handle the load.
- Don't plug a generator cord directly into a wall outlet. A generator can back feed electricity through your home's electric wiring to the entire Cleco circuit. This can cause injury or even death to a worker attempting to repair that circuit and anyone else who may come into contact with power lines.
- Don't exceed the rated capacity of the generator.
- Only refuel the generator when the engine is off and cool.